Fwd: Installation Problems Ubuntu 5.1

Graham Dickinson dickinson.graham at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 18:59:38 UTC 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Graham Dickinson <dickinson.graham at gmail.com>
Date: 22-Mar-2006 20:15
Subject: Installation Problems Ubuntu 5.1
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

Hi,

I am having lots of trouble installing the above. I am new to Linux and
thought this would be a good entry point to the linux world. The
installation keeps failing on the Base System Installation step. It appears
to me that the installer is trying to download components (kernel i think)
from the internet...but all downloads fail. I am on a home network with a
DSL router set up and working. I can ping the installing machine from my
other machine after the network install step, but....

I am stuck.

Any suggestions?

Help!

Thanks and regards,