Sun Ultra 20 issue

Stephen Ward s.ward at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Mar 22 01:16:22 UTC 2006

I tried installing breezy 64bit on a sun ultra 20 workstation.  After
the first reboot it starts setup then fails citing issues with "Bank0:"
and "Bank2:".  This sounded like a RAM issue so I ran memtest86 and it
found no issues.

I downloaded Flight 5 64bit install and tried that.   This time before
rebooting while installing the base system it gets to 45% - configuring
makedev and fails.  In both cases it completely dies and no vtys are
available - so I can't check for error messages or anything.

I am about to try installing dapper flight 5 x86 on it but even if it
works it will be very disappointing as the 64 bit version should work.
Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?

Regards
Stephen Ward