Dapper post installation problem

Sridhar M.A. mas at mylug.org
Wed Mar 22 01:12:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

Just installed the Dapper Flight 5 on my machine. Everything went off
well---nor errors, no hassles, no problems detected during the
installation.

After the installation was complete, when I try to boot into the new
installation, the machine hangs after displaying a couple of lines that
generally comes up before the screen switches to splash/etc.

Just writing from my memory:

  boot

It stays there; nothing happens. I tried passing the following
parameters to the kernel with no effect:

    vga=normal nosplash noacpi noapic

The machine is AMD Athlon machine; 512 MB RAM, ASUS A7N266-VM board with
onboard nvidia graphics.

With the same cd, I could install perfectly on another (P4) machine.
Congrats to the developers for making installation a smooth affair.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

  Hegel was right when he said that we learn from history that man
  can never learn anything from history. -George Bernard Shaw