Timing Out Dialer

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Tue Mar 21 15:55:23 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 16:19, Romy Albano wrote:
> > > From kppp main window:
> >
> > Configure -> Modems -> Device
> > slider at bottom of window
> >
> > --
> > Alan McKinnon
> > alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
> > +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
>
>  ------------------------------
>
> Hello Alan (McKinnon)
>
> Thank you for your advice.  Have followed it but am not having any
> improvement. That's where the 120 seconds time out default shows.
> And, just the same, the dialer keps on continuously dialing.
>
> I must hasten to add, though, that each time I click on kppp
> (Internet Dial Up Tool) this message comes out:
>
> "/etc/resolv.conf is missing or can't be read, etc .etc."

That shouldn't be there, as with dialup you will normally get the
contents of that file from the ISP. Your kppp is probably set up for
a static IP instead of dynamic.

> I need your comments on that one please.

Trying to configure kppp from the gui is a major pita as the
selections are all over the place. Rather post your
~/.kde/share/config/kppprc here so we can see what is really going on
with the config