Dapper LIVE as a portable Ubuntu installation: answers and some questions.

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Tue Mar 21 05:10:39 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 23:31 -0500, Eugene Vilensky wrote:

> On 3/20/06, Chanchao <custom at freenet.de> wrote:
> > Dapper is GREAT!! I love it!  And it opens up new possibilities for the
> > Live CD other than just as a preview / safe trial run.
>
> What about this?
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveCDPersistence

I'll go for the Understatement-of-the-week-Award and say that's a pretty
useful link. :-)))

Thanks a lot!!! Looks like I have some USB stick partitioning to do
tonight.. :)

So... with that you could even install stuff and make system-wide
settings changes presumably?  Like change the language, install the
stuff needed to play mp3's and DVDs and such?

Cheers,
Chanchao