How to mirror the ubuntu repositories?

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Mon Mar 20 20:09:38 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 04:45:56PM +0530, Santanu Chatterjee wrote:
> Is there any special command or script available that will
> help me mirror an ubuntu or debian repository (for say, the
> i386 architecture).

[...]

> I intend to mirror the universe repository on a local hard disk, and
> use it to provide an universe apt repo to our other local machines.

Consider using apt-proxy instead of mirroring all of Universe.  I'd wager
that you'll only ever use a small fraction of Universe, and this way you
won't end up wasting a large chunk of bandwidth that you'll never get any
benefit from.

- Matt

--
I was punching a text message into my phone yesterday and thought, "they need
to make a phone that you can just talk into."