ms publisher files?

Dave Scott dscott91 at columbus.rr.com
Mon Mar 20 21:51:26 UTC 2006

OOo doesn't appear able to open a .pub test file I just created. I tried
saving the pub file in another format without success to see if an
intermediate format could be imported by OOo.
Dave

Zach wrote:

>Thanks, all for the tips.  I'll give some of these ideas a try.
>
>CJ, I don't think OOo can open publisher files.  Am I wrong?  I'll
>give it a try (don't have any publisher files to experiment with,
>yet).
>
>Alan,  The signature block wasn't CJ's, it was mine.  Cetainly no one
>is asking you to make changes to your mail settings to help them out.
>Anyone posting a question to the list should monitor the list for
>replies to their question.  However, not all posts to the list are
>questions.  Some are answers or just contributions to the discussions,
>and the poster isn't expecting a reply to his or her specific comment.
> For those of us who are inundated with email, and subscribe to many
>mailing lists, it isn't practical to read every single reply to a
>thread.  This signature block is simply a way of saying "if you reply
>to something I said in a thread, there's a chance I might miss it.
>Feel free to address me directly."
>

>Thanks again for the tips!
>

>On 3/18/06, Alan McKinnon <alan at linuxholdings.co.za> wrote:
>

>>Added to that CJ, this is very presumptuous:
>>
>>"If you reply to a message I posted to a mailing list, and you want me
>>to see your reply, be sure to put my address in the 'To:', or I might
>>not see the message."
>>
>>I can't read it easily because the quoting is broken, and I take the
>>view that if you ask a question on a mailing list and I take the
>>effort to reply to your question, then it is up to you to read the
>>list and look for my reply. I shouldn't have to make changes to my
>>settings in order to be able to help you out.
>>
>>--
>>Alan McKinnon
>>alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
>>+27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
>>
>>--

David E. Scott             614-457-1037
DScott91 at Columbus.rr.com   Software Development
Website:  http://home.columbus.rr.com/davescott/