ubuntu breezy/ firefox + quicktime support

Adam Lafayette atomlbomb at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 17:34:59 UTC 2006

Jack thanks that helped.  I wasn't sure if renaming
those files would screw up firefox but it didn't.
Mozilla-mplayer now plays when I visit sites that have
quicktime.  That part is nice.  My whole ubuntu
machine seems to slow down though when I visit a
quicktime site now.  it eventually catches up then
will play the video.  My main testing site is
quicktime.com > movie trilers:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/

Has anyone else seen this issue with the
mozilla-quicktime plugin?  Is there some configuration
for the plugin of something?

thank you.

--- Jack Bowling <jbinpg at shaw.ca> wrote:

> > thanks.  This gets me a little closer but I still
> > don't know how to disable totem gstreamer.
> >
> > I ran the locate command and got this:

/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/libtotem_mozilla.xpt

Adam Lafayette  N1ZGG   atomlbomb at yahoo.com    http://www.bloodkeg.com       http://www.geocities.com/atomlbomb