Installing k3b via apt

alex radsky at ncia.net
Mon Mar 20 17:24:26 UTC 2006

I tried installing k3b through the Synaptic package manager route but
wasn't sure about what supplementary packages were needed so wasted over
3 hours tying up my phone while running a dialup modem.  There's no sign
that k3b is anywhere in ubuntu.

I have the source file for k3b (k3b-0.12.14.tar,bz2) but can't get
through the ./configure  phase because of missing support files.

I usually succeed installing via apt but apt-get update doesn't show
anybody in  /etc/apt/sources.list who can give me k3b.

Is there an address that I can add to the 'sources.list' that can supply
k3b?
I really prefer using apt but other recommendations are welcome.

alex aka elmo