OpenOffice (oowriter) segmentation fault.

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV rick at rickandpatty.com
Mon Mar 20 13:56:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 12:19 +0100, Zunbeltz Izaola wrote:
> Hi,

> I have dapper updated from a breezy instalation (i386).
> From same days i can't work whith OOo. When I open a file, the program
> crashed after 5-10 seconds.

If you really need to use openoffice for work, you might be better off
using alien to convert/install the official OpemOffice from
openoffice.org.  I've always had trouble with document importing in the
Ubuntu-provided openoffice installations.  Plus, if you use the equation
editor at all, you'll need the unbroken opensymbol font that is in the
official Openoffice build - the one provided with Breezy and several
versions so far of Dapper is broken.  (Try inserting a formula with a
minus sign, like "{x-3} over {x-4}" - if it doesn't come out right, you
have the broken font.)

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <rick at rickandpatty.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com
* Blog: http://shrimpandgrits.rickandpatty.com