Very mini linux [OT]

Bill Marcum bmarcum at iglou.com
Mon Mar 20 07:14:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 05:50:33 -0700, Hodgins Family
  <ehodgins at telusplanet.net> wrote:

> About the only Linux-type "thing" I can find that is supposed to work on
> an 80286 is at ELKS: http://elks.sourceforge.net/ and as you'll see from
> this web page there hasn't been much going on for a while.

Minix 2.0 will also run on a 286, and it is a more mature system with (I
think) better networking support.  Or you might remove the hard drive
and mount it in a Linux machine (if the drive isn't IDE or SCSI, you
will need the controller card and a machine with an ISA slot. If the
controller card isn't ISA or PCI, forget it).

--
There's a way out of any cage.
		-- Captain Christopher Pike, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage"),