Installing Ubuntu remotely?

Christian christian08 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 16:34:40 UTC 2006

Hi Thomas,
Many thanks for the link!
However, I don't have any Linux operating system installed on that machine
previously. From what I have read somewhere is that you can put the
installation CD/DVD into the drive, wait for the installer to boot and then
type a command that will get an IP address from the local network and then
you can connect to that IP from another computer through telnet and once the
connection is established the installation process will begin. Its not
secure, but is that possible?
All the best and thanks,
Christian