Point to Point Wireless??

Arjun Shankar arjunsha at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 14:19:32 UTC 2006

I'm hoping this is not too dumb a question to ask. And frankly, I'm
WAY off the correct mailing list to ask this, but here goes...
The thing is, me and my friend have notebooks with 802.11b wireless
NICs. Now some while ago when we didnt have a network in college,
people with ethernet cards used to connect two boxes directly with a
'crossed' wire, without needing any extra hardware (hub or switch).
Well, basically, in India a notebook is a luxury (I got mine with a
loan :)), so a wireless hub is something I cant even dream of buying
as a student. To get to the point, is there a wireless equivalent of
connecting two computers directly (like its done with wired NICs)
without needing a hub? If yes, how? and if not why not?
Arjun Shankar