Modem on Breazy Badger

Rein Mann reica at bigpond.com
Sun Mar 19 01:21:51 UTC 2006

Henk Koster <H.A.J.Koster <at> xs4all.nl> writes:

> The Lucent WinModem requires a special Debian driver package, available
> from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem for the installed
> kernel. If such a package is not available, then the driver source code
> must first be downloaded, compiled, and packaged.

Thanks Henk,
Very useful information. I have downloaded the .deb file or the right kernel.
The device /dev/ttyLTMO is now there.
In /etc/modem ltserial has been added and is automatically loaded at bootup
.
ltserial               10160  0
ltmodem               565872  1 ltserial

But....the modem is still not responding.
Where would I look next?
Rein