Please help me use Ubuntu to retrieve sata from crashed computer.

Philip Axer paxer at nyware.de
Sat Mar 18 21:30:25 UTC 2006

Hi,
this _FIRST_ thing I would do is to do a complete backup of you HDD. By
mounting r/w or trying to recover lost data you could possibly destroy
more than you restoring.
Boot whatever you want and make an 1:1 image of /dev/hda or whatever.
(man dd)
After this you may try to use Ubuntu live or Bart PE or another OS to
try to restore your data. And if you failed or something went wrong, you
can ever restore you backuped hdd information.

Philip