boot problem: kernel panic

K. Mandla k.mandla at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 17:05:10 UTC 2006

In my experience, kernel panic is hardware based. But the only times I've
ever seen it were while I was using an oversized hard drive in a machine
that had an old BIOS limit on hdd capacity.

In my case I could avoid the panic by rebooting, but if you're still seeing
it, then something might be seriously hosed.

Can you swap out a drive and reinstall, just for troubleshooting's sake?