automatix and dapper

C Hamel yogich at sc2000.net
Fri Mar 17 15:36:36 UTC 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 23:42, Peter Garrett wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:49:42 -0600
>
> C Hamel <yogich at sc2000.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > You shouldn't use it at all...
> >
> > Hm.  Thought it worked okay, and didn't cause future probs if one
> > deselected certain sources b-4 upgrading or updating.  You have a better
> > idea, I guess. Care to share it?  Thanks! :-)
>
> A better idea along the same lines is:
>
> http://easyubuntu.freecontrib.org/
>
> The contributors to Easy Ubuntu have been more careful with it
> ( "automatix" has already broken quite a few systems, as evidenced by
> questions on
> #ubuntu IRC - best avoided )
>
> --
> Peter Garrett

Thanks, for that.  I do know that one of my installs got b0rked after using
Automatix ...but it turned out to be the fact that I did not readjust my
sources.list prior to an upgrade.  Since having done that, I have done two
upgrades.  One caused no probs and I have yet to reboot to see if the 2nd
caused any roaches.
--
	...CH

This message was scanned for Spam and Viruses by Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall