Mixing Repositories ...

Christian Eichert moga at mx.homelinux.org
Fri Mar 17 13:16:52 UTC 2006

As many of you I am mixing different Repositories.
In the Ubuntu Synaptic there is a Ubuntu Icon to the ubuntu Pakeges.
I think this is nice.

On Debian Synaptic there is a Debian Icon next to the Debian Pakages.
Allso very nice.

What I whould like is to see the Debian Icon on Ubuntu Synaptic next to
the debian Packages as well. So I can imediatly see what Package it is.

In other words it whould be nice if Ubuntu whould stop using any trick
they now to prevent people from installing Debian packages.
Never forget where you are coming from.

Every time I try to install something that is not "Ubuntu-branded" I
need to make a lot of worarounds and I loose a lot of time.

I tried to install kernel 2.6.15-1 from Debian. I succeded at least but
it took me a half of day. It is just for you to know.

I am very mad on Ubuntu because of this habbits.

regards