ibm-acpi under ubuntu

Thomas Olsen thomas_tanghus_olsen at yahoo.dk
Fri Mar 17 06:48:33 UTC 2006

On Friday den 17. March 2006 01:13, Matt Price wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 03:49:06PM -0500, Jaime Davila wrote:
> > So, in my search to finish configuring an x40, I read somewhere that
> > there is an IBM specific acpi package. It looks like my laptop might not
> > have it installed, since I have no ibm subdirectory under /etc/acpi. Is
> > that apt-getable under ubuntu?
>
> haven't dealt with this myself, but I believe the ibm-acpi is a kernel
> module, which is in fact integrated into the ubuntu kernel.  However I
> think the version available in 2.6.12 (used by breezy) is a bit
> outdated, whle the one in 2.6.15 (Dapper) is quite new.
>
> doubtless someone on the list knows more than I do, though.

On Breezy:

/lib/modules/2.6.12-10-686/kernel/drivers/acpi/ibm_acpi.ko

In /etc/modprobe.d/ibm_acpi.modprobe:

options ibm_acpi hotkey=enable,0xffff experimental=1

The option: "experimental=1" is to enable cpu frequences in the /proc
filesystem, AFAIR.

In /etc/modules you should also add the thinkpad module.
> mat

> Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca
> History Department, University of Toronto
> (416) 978-2094

Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen