soundblaster etc. (wrong thread - was : Re: Dapper: vim instead of nano as editor alternative?

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Mar 17 04:45:44 UTC 2006

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:07:30 -0500
Stas Khromoy <stas at edpausa.com> wrote:

> hey folks
>
> after installing ubuntu on my dell 9300 laptop
> my external soundcard started flaking out
> (i restarted the laptop in windows to make sure it was not the hardware)
> you'd hear clicking noise every few seconds (5-6 or so).
>
> i've spent a few month working on windows
> since i had not time to play around with ubuntu at all
>
> now i boot in with ubuntu the card was detected
> and it shows up in 'device manager'
>
> but the sound is playing through internal laptop speakers.
>

> any help ?
> thanks

Hi !

I suggest that you re-submit your question without using a reply to a
different thread - your question appears in the thread titled

 Re: Dapper: vim instead of nano as editor alternative?

so most people will miss it or not reply to it, because this is known as
"Hijacking a thread".

Just re-send it using only the list mailing address and your subject. That
way you  start a new thread, and people will see your question. You'll get
better results that way, and not get replies like this one :-)

(Note the smiley!)

Hope this helps a bit.

--
Peter Garrett