Web Stress Testing w/Ubuntu...

Max Andersen max at militant.dk
Thu Mar 16 20:54:46 UTC 2006

Steve Kratz wrote:
> Anyone know of a good linux tool for hammering the tar out of a
> router/proxy server?  I need to simulate as much traffic (web mainly,
> but file transfers, email, etc. would be a nice bonux) through a
> linux-based router to determine several load-related issues in a test
> environment.

There are severaly tests you can perform, and mostly the handcrafted are
the best. You maybe need specifically to test named url's and can run
several httping(flood option) tests ,along with nagios http_check.
Nagios can even check SSL url's , so these sources are what I use for
stresstesting.

Sincerely
Max