[Dapper] Mouse

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 16 03:51:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:00:52 +0100
Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:

> > Gnome used to have a prominent "Control Centre" - surely something
> > like that is a more logical place for settings of this nature?
>
> How so? the control also had categories in a tree view to the left (just
> like the horrible jungle in KDEs config ;) so you have only moved the
> problem to one step later: which category, mouse or file manager?

True - the user still has to choose where to look. I suppose really this
is an "upstream" Gnome issue rather than Ubuntu-specific.

I take your point about mouse settings  - but my point remains that _for a
naive user_ , clicking behaviour would be expected to be under a "mouse"
heading rather than a "file management" setting.

--
Peter Garrett