Remote Desktop : Connecting to a WinXP machine ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Mar 16 03:02:37 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 20:45 -0600, Matthew R. Dempsky wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 03:14:33AM +0100, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> > It works well except for one strange show stopper...
>
> The behavior you're describing is intentional.  Microsoft doesn't want
> multiple users on a single PC at a time.

Ah okay, I see... Windows sux (tm), as usual... ;-)

This will prevent my remote friend from actually seeing me control his
desktop, so although I will hopefully be able to fix his e-mail client,
he won't be able to watch me doing it, so he won't learn anything...

Thanks Windows...

Well anyway, looks like I am fully sorted and clued both on Windows/RDP,
and Linux/VNC, and ready to connect to his machine, so thanks everyone
who contributed to this thread, I much appreciated the quick and
efficient help ! :o)

Regards,

--
Vince