Remote Desktop : Connecting to a WinXP machine ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Mar 16 00:47:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 00:34 +0000, Christopher Nelson wrote:
> > Thanks Federico, that's indeed what I was looking for. :o)
> > I enable it, but when I try to connect to it with Ubuntu, Windows asks
> > me for a password !? :-/
> > Strange, I didn't set any password when I installed Windows, so I have
> > no idea what password it's asking for...
> >
> > Any idea ?
>
> I had a similar problem accessing samba shares on a WinXP machine.  What
> I eventually did was just hit enter, and that actually worked.  Perhaps
> it may also work in your situation.

Yeah I tried that, but doesn't work. However it doesn't actually
complain that the password is wrong, instead it says:

"Impossible d'ouvrir une session car il y a une limitation des comptes".

Not sure how that translates exactly, something like "Impossible to open
session (connect), because there is limitation of (the number of?) the
accounts".

Oh well...

--
Vince