Dapper: vim instead of nano as editor alternative?

Yuki Cuss celtic at sairyx.org
Wed Mar 15 23:36:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 16:48 -0600, Patrick Siglin wrote:
> Yeah I don't care for vim that much. I really like nano. It is simple to use.

Consider learning how to use it. It is an *invaluable* tool for users of
any UNIX-based system. (don't give in and use EMACS :) though I
shouldn't strike up the holy wars) It's actually quite simple when you
start to learn how it's used, and you'll be zipping around files with
such speed that you'll surprise yourself.

That came out as rather malformed English, but in short, don't think
badly of something until you try it. Vim is a power user tool, and it's
much more robust than nano.

 - Yuki.