Why GCC 4?

Matthew R. Dempsky mrd at alkemio.org
Wed Mar 15 19:28:50 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 01:48:48PM -0500, Michael Poole wrote:
> I somehow thought FUD was a better fit for proprietary systems than
> collaborative ones like Ubuntu -- apparently you disagree.  If there
> are technical issues with GCC 4, report them and use those statistics
> instead of hand-waving to support your argument.

Where do you see me spreading FUD?  I never said there was anything
wrong with GCC 4.

The poster I replied to implied Ubuntu should adapt new technology as
quickly as possible to pave the road for others.  There is plenty of
cannon fodder for testing the latest and greatest major software
packages already---Ubuntu users don't need to join their ranks.

I have nothing against moving to new software when deemed stable enough
by the maintainers.