local repository

Josué Alcalde González josuealcalde at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 18:37:19 UTC 2006

El mié, 15--2006 a las 18:01 +0530, Yogesh soni escribió:
> Hi all,
> How can I create a local repository & how can I tell synaptic to use
> that repository.
>
> Thanks.

I have one in /opt/ubuntu:

$mkdir /opt/ubuntu
$cd /opt/ubuntu
$mkdir /dists
$mkdir /pool

$gedit Makefile
# I include my own Makefile but you could make changes to it for a
different distro or a different architecture.

Any new package you get (also sources), you need to put it
in /opt/ubuntu/pool and then run:
$cd /opt/ubuntu
$make Makefile

You need make and some deb tools, but I don't know exactly which are the
packages. Use synaptic to find deb tools, helpers, etc... if it doesn't
work.

And the lines for /etc/apt/sources.list are (if you change something in
makefile, you may need something in the lines):

deb file:///opt/ubuntu dapper local
deb-src file:///opt/ubuntu dapper local