FreePascal

Matthew R. Dempsky mrd at alkemio.org
Wed Mar 15 18:22:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 03:18:32PM +0200, Duncan Anderson wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 March 2006 22:38, Matthew R. Dempsky wrote:
> > Which compiler does Ubuntu use to compile their gcc packages?
>
> Probably gcc, but that isn't the point. Any modern c compiler would do the
> job.

No, it is the point because the topic was whether packages that depend
on themselves to build can be included in Ubuntu.

If Ubuntu can use gcc to compile the gcc package, they can use Free
Pascal to compile the fpc package.  It doesn't matter if gcc is
compilable with the tinycc if Ubuntu's build daemons don't use
it.

Similarly, the GNU make package is built using GNU make.  I'm sure it
can be built using other make tools (and probably even without), but it
again doesn't matter.