Language pack not installed by default - a bug?

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Tue Mar 14 21:37:06 UTC 2006

Hello,

I thought to ask here before reporting this as a bug in Dapper Flight CD
5. At the beginning of the installation I selected Finnish language and
keyboard layout. Later I was asked if I wanted to download Finnish
language support" (or something like that), to which I answered "yes".
When installation was finished, despite the selections I made, the
package language-support-fi wasn't installed. I should note though, that
many parts of the GUI are in Finnish even without this package.

Is there a reason why this package was left out, or is this indeed a
bug? I already searched for similar bugs on Launchpad, but didn't find
any.

Ari