Request For Comments

DC Parris dcparris at matheteuo.org
Tue Mar 14 18:37:56 UTC 2006

I have written a basic step-by-step guide for installing Ubuntu Linux 5.10. It
is intended for anyone, but mainly non-techies - or at least anyone who has
never installed an operating system before.  It will become part of a
documentation sub-project for The Freely Project's LS3 specification.

You will find it here:
http://matheteuo.org/docs/ls3g_ubuntu_desktop_install.txt

This how-to divides the installation into 3 phases, and 11 steps (with
sub-steps in some cases).  I did not attempt to document each of the
partitioning options, but may go back and add that later.  I would greatly
appreciate any input on the document.

Regards,
Don
--