Wallpaper Tray issues

Mark Johanson markjohanson at ureach.com
Tue Mar 14 17:35:37 UTC 2006

Tried to follow the instructions on the Wallpaper tray from the
wiki at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WallpaperTray

But when I try to run:

./configure --prefix=/usr
--with-boostfilesystem=/usr/lib/libboost_filesystem.so
--with-boostregex=/usr/lib/libboost_regex.so

as the instructions say to do I get the following error:

mjohanson at grimoire:~/Downloads/wp_tray-0.5.0$ ./configure
--prefix=/usr
--with-boostfilesystem=/usr/lib/libboost_filesystem.so
--with-boostregex=/usr/lib/libboost_regex.so
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
Using config source xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults for
schema installation
Using $(sysconfdir)/gconf/schemas as install directory for
schema files
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl
module is required for intltool

So I thought maybe I was just missing perl (Never used it
personally as of yet but getting to it in class in the next 2
weeks or so). So I went to do a install on it and got the
following:

perl is already the newest version.

So what is missing to give the error above? Perl seems to be
there (typing perl --help comes back with the help). So I am a
bit lost on what is missing.

Any thoughts?