upgrade to dapper - ipw2200/nm-applet problems?

Matthew Nicholcon sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com
Tue Mar 14 13:59:14 UTC 2006

yesterday my roomate upgraded from breezy to dapper. i've running it for quite some time now and love it. we changed his sources.list from breezy to dapper, did an apt-get update, then and apt-get dist-upgrade. once done i made sure ubuntu-standard, ubuntu-desktop etc were installed as well.

everything has been working, however, his wirelss, which was fine in breezy, is not. dmesg shows no errors/warnings. the interface (eth1) comes up no proble. however nm-applet shows nothing. you can do and iwlist scan in terminal, and theres nothing. however, if you do an iwlist scan as root (via sudo), you see all the regular AP's around us. any ideas/help? file a bug?
--
Matthew Nicholson
sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com
sjoeboo.com