Dapper to be delayed 6 weeks...

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Tue Mar 14 13:21:44 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 07:54 -0500, Scott Henson wrote:
> Marek Pawinski wrote:
>
> > I think it's this new feature of Dapper they are retrying to remove
> > which is the hold up. ie dapper keeps on asking me to reboot the
> > machine after each update/upgrade, nice for Windows users but i don't
> > particularly like it.
> >

> It only wants a reboot if you upgrade/install a new kernel.  Which
> really is the only time you should need to reboot.  I like it.

I don't believe this is true anymore. There are a number of services
that request restarts when they are upgraded in dapper (dbus and hal,
for example). I don't know if the post-release security fixes will
requests restarts, too.

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
GPG: http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/gpg.key.txt [0x4C9DA1D0]