libc6 dependency probl;em in dapper

Adam Conrad adconrad at 0c3.net
Tue Mar 14 12:41:03 UTC 2006

Tony Arnold wrote:
> I've just tried doing a dist-upgrade on my dapper trial system that I've
> not touched for several weeks. It's hit a problem in that libc6-i686 is
> dependent on libc6 (=2.3.5-ubuntu17), however, libc6_2.3.6-0ubuntu9 is
> actually installed.

You've removed dapper from your sources.list at some point.
2.3.6-0ubuntu9 is the version in dapper, and if you make sure dapper is
actually in your sources.list, then "apt-get update" and "apt-get
upgrade" (or "apt-get -f install" if you can't get out of the loop), all
should be well again.

... Adam