mailing logs to user

Scott J. Henson scotth at csee.wvu.edu
Mon Mar 13 22:59:07 UTC 2006

Troy Piggins wrote:
> Just wondering how to specify which and how logs are emailed to me.
>
> In my aliases file root: troy
>
> I want to be able to see ssh failed attempts etc, but at present
> only cron jobs are getting mailed to me.  By default on my old
> RedHat9 setup many more logs were mailed.

Your going to want a log analyzer or an ids.  I use lire as my log
analyzer, but its a bit hefty.  I would recommending searching through
the package index for a log analyzer or an intrusion detection system.

For a simpler approach, from your gnome session, Go to:
System -> Administration -> System Logs