Hibernate brokes my swap partition.

Josué Alcalde González josuealcalde at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 22:04:35 UTC 2006

El lun, 13--2006 a las 11:22 -0400, Derek Broughton escribió:
> > No, it doesn't work. In fact, doing an update-grub deletes the line
> > add.
>
> Of course it does - read the comments in the file for ensuring that
> parameters are applied by update-grub.  However, the resume parameter
> shouldn't really be necessary.
> --
Yes, it works, and now, I can hibernate. Thanks.

I had not understand what I was doing. I didn't realise that the line
must be commented and update-grub would understand it.
Also, the Hoary wiki page doesn't have an equal "=" after "kopt".

For others with the same problem, I have added the next line:
# kopt=root=/dev/hda2 resume=/dev/hda7 ro

/dev/hda2 is my root partition and /dev/hda7 is my swap partition.

running update-grub will add this options to every kernel.

Anyway, I am having another problem, my wireless doesn't wake up after hibernation.
Is this a known issue? I am using ipw2200 with static configuration using wep encryption.