system proxy

Joe Zitnik JZitnik at hfcc.net
Mon Mar 13 16:31:22 UTC 2006

Hello all.  I have a box I installed ubuntu 5.10 on, and I'm trying to
add additional applications.  We have a proxy in place, and I have it
set up to allow the machine I'm on out without having to authenticate
against the proxy, and it's fine when I'm using the browser, but when I
try and do updates or installs, they fail, my guess is because they
aren't using the browser settings for the proxy.  I went in to network
settings as added a proxy there as well, but they are still failing.
How do I set system wide proxy settings?