Hibernate brokes my swap partition.

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Mon Mar 13 12:22:16 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 01:54 +0100, Josué Alcalde González wrote:
> I am using dapper. I installed dapper flight 3 and it is updated.
>
> When I try to hibernate, all things seem to be ok.
> The screen becomes a black screen and the computer is switched off.
> When I start the system, it doesn't recover from hibernate and starts as
> a normal start.
>
> I thought my laptop didn't support hibernation, but I have realized that
> my swap partition is not recognized after hibernation. I have to
> reformat it because gparted report an unknown system-file.
>
> I am using an Acer Travelmate 4001 wlmi, whit a patched DSDT, fglrx
> drivers and 512MB of memory.
> My swap partitions size is 1024MB.
>
> Someone could give me some clues?

I had that problem myself a while back... I think in  hoary development
days...

I believe I got around it by adding resume=/dev/hda2 to my kopt line as
described here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HoaryPM

That's pretty old info, so it may not be helpful for dapper, though.

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
GPG: http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/gpg.key.txt [0x4C9DA1D0]