xmgrace manual installation help

Mustafa Burak Boz mburakboz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 01:52:37 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,
I had a problem with grace program. I could not execute the command
"xmgrace -pexec", with grace installed by using synaptic.  So I tried to
install the newest version of grace. However, while using ./configure
script, I received an error:

checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for _XEditResCheckMessages in -lXmu... yes
checking for main in -lXp... no
checking for XpmCreatePixmapFromData in -lXpm... no
checking for a Motif >= 1002 compatible API... no
configure: error: M*tif has not been found

and then it stopped.
In grace site, it is written that I should have libjpeg62 package to
install, I checked it and I already have that package.
Do you have any idea what I should do ?

thanks...
mbb