[Dapper] remote gksu: when it greys out the screen, it's too slow...

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Sun Mar 12 23:05:14 UTC 2006

On my local machine (and even over a fast local network connection), I
love how gksu greys out the desktop before grabbing keyboard focus. It's
visually and mentally great.

However, sometimes I need to run things like gnome-cups-manager and
other gnome-system-tools remotely, particularly when helping my parents
out on their computers at home, and it's just too darn slow for gksu to
take the screenshot, grey it out, and send it back to my machine. Is
there a way to disable this feature when I'm using a slow link?

mike

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
GPG: http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/gpg.key.txt [0x4C9DA1D0]