Is there a good BASIC compiler for ubuntu?

Vram lamsokvr at xprt.net
Sun Mar 12 18:41:32 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 18:46 +0100, Alexandre Franke wrote:

<snip>

> I just suggested python because it is well integrated within
> the Ubuntu environment and is supposed to be Ubuntu's equivalent to
> Microsoft Window's Visual Basic.

</snip>

Python is not Ubuntu's anything...  Python is a language..

The Ubuntu developers seem to like Python but, it is NOT theirs.
They did not develop Python..

Guido Van Rossum is the creator of Python

Please people limit your comments to things you know....
OR at least verify facts before you repeat them.

HTH

Vram

PS
You can verify what I said at www.python.org