Ubuntu Success - Thanks

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 18:39:06 UTC 2006

On 12/03/06, John Lyon <jelyon at mac.com> wrote:
> On 3/12/06 11:44 AM, "Darryl Clarke" <smartssa at gmail.com> either wrote,
> forwarded or quoted:
>
> > You'll just have to remove the CDRom line from the sources list. (
> > /etc/apt/sources.list ) It's usually the first line. Comment it out
> > with a # and then update.
>
> Thanks. I'm going to guess I might be able to copy the CDRom's contents to a
> directory, and then point the path at that directory? I've got plenty of
> room to do so.

Typically, if this machine is going to have internet access, I
wouldn't even bother with the CD contents.  Just use the official
online repositories and you'll always get up-to-date (and security)
updates.  Also, using the full repositories will give you access to
many more packages than just the CD.

> [smartssa - I like it! :-) ]

Thanks, eh ;)

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com