is there a good alternative to totem?

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Sun Mar 12 12:22:07 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 11:54 +0000, Tristan Wibberley wrote:
> Michael R. Head wrote:
>
> > I play DVDs (and many divx-encoded videos) on my fiance's P3-900 laptop
> > without major issues using totem-xine.
>
> I used to play DVDs on a PII-400 with mplayer using the tdfx x-server on
> a 3dfx voodoo 3000 (and it pleased me that none of the usual Windows
> players could cope on that CPU). I don't think gstreamer can manage
> that, though. Unless it got better in 0.10 from the perspective of
> framing overheads.

gstreamer's definitely better with 0.10. So much so that I've switched
over to totem-gstreamer on my dapper boxes and haven't looked back. I've
let to upgrade my fiance's laptop to dapper, though. She may stay with
totem-xine...

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
GPG: http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/gpg.key.txt [0x4C9DA1D0]