Digitizing VHS Tapes?

CJ Kelley debian_i386 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 11 22:41:13 UTC 2006

Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:----CJ's reply #3----
yw...and if htat doesnt work, then you should just get some video editing software for linux that you can use to remove the problem when you record the video to the hdd.
----End of reply----

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 14:15 -0800, CJ Kelley wrote:
>         ok, i just googled "Download TV capturing software for linux"
>         and heres some of the software that you can download (my tv
>         card isnt linux complient, so i wont be able to test it)
>
>          - Linux Box (linux.box.sk/codebox.links.php?&key=videotools)
>          - Linux Multimedia Software
>         (www.linuxdownloads.org/multimedia-software/)

Thanks.
I am searching in Synaptic right now for "video record", and to my
surprise (but delight! :-), it seems there are quite a few tools
available. I will try them all see if I can get any of them to work:

- camstream
- dvr
- mjpegtools
- mythtv