xinerama setup

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sat Mar 11 20:48:14 UTC 2006

Are there any scripts that help setup xinerama?

I have 2 pci and 1 agp in a box.  Dapper setup only "detected" one PCI card.  at
least there is only one referenced in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

The only reason I am doing this is to track down a bug(s) that is showing up in
x-ming and cygwin-x, and I want to see if it occurs in Linux too.

The bug has to do with no monitor being close to (0,0), and things that position
themselves close to that end up in the void that isn't displayed by any monitor.

Also, there is a redraw problem that seems related: the window body doesn't
refresh the parts that are past (X,Y) where X and Y are the size of my primary
monitor.  It is like it assumes the primary monitor's display starts at (0,0),
so anything past its size doesn't need to be updated.

^CarlFK