Hibernating a Dell Latitude C600

Ryan Tracey ryan.tracey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 10:33:07 UTC 2006

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with hibernating a Dell C600 laptop?

With "hoary" on the same laptop I just used to type "sudo
/etc/acpi/hibernate.sh" and the laptop would suspend to disk. As far
as I can recall I did nothing special to get that working.   But, my
memory being what it is... ;-)

Now, on "breezy",  I do the same thing and it hangs when I try to
un-suspend it.  The error message indicates that it trying to restore
highmem.

Is there anything I should lookout for.  ACPI and not APM modules are
loaded and I have a PCMCIA Modem card as well as a PCMCIA wireless
card plugged in. I am running fluxbox instead of gnome.

Feel free to point me to some Ubuntu wiki page or demand a better
explanation of the problem (;

Sadly, ACPI is the one of the things I have never fully grokked.

Thanks and regards,
Ryan

--
Ryan Tracey