LTSP login problems (Breezy Server)

Erling Ringen Elvsrud systemansvarlig at vagaungdomsskule.no
Fri Mar 10 07:28:00 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have just installed Ubuntu Server 5.10 (Breezy) on a server to try
LTSP.

- I followed the tutorial on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ThinClientHowto
- I use PXE and a old Compaq Deskpro EN SFF as a thin client
- The thin client boots, configures the network with DHCP, downloads the
kernel with tftp, all well.
- BUT, when I try to log in the LTSP Display Manager (gdm) I just get
kicked out, no error message.
- I try to press ctrl+alt+Fn to log on in the console, but I get
"Login incorrect" messages.

I have tried to look for a hint in log files but cannot find anything. I
have ofcourse tried with multiple users and is 100% certain that the
usernames/passwors I try is correct.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Erling Ringen Elvsrud

PS: I have tried LTSP on a different server earlier and did not
experience this problem :/ used the same tutorial, but used the regular
Desktop Breezy distribution as a server.