dsl modem compatibility

Mark Derricutt mark at talios.com
Thu Mar 9 16:46:22 UTC 2006

On 3/7/06, Phillip Susi <psusi at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> As long as it has an ethernet port on it, then it will work just fine.  If
> your ISP doesn't use PPPoE, then that's even better, but there are ways to
> get PPPoE to work as well.

Well currently it would seem as thou PPPoE in dapper is as dead as a door
nail.  What used to work flawlessy in Breezy is broken as hell in Dapper :(

After connecting I see "Timeout waiting for PADO packet" and eventually no
network traffic, followed by linux disconnecting (even thou the ISP still
sees an active connection transmitting some form of data).

:(