Tomboy's scalability

Rajiv Vyas rajiv1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 14:15:36 UTC 2006

> > I decided to try Tomboy a couple of months ago, and I love it.  However,
> > after using it for a while I cannot avoid worrying about running into
> > possible scalability issues as I add more and more entries.  Currently,
> > I only have 100 entries but if I continue using it I know for sure I
> > will reach hundreds pretty soon.  So, could someone please share his or
> > her experience with me regargind Tomboy's scalability?  Did anyone run
> > into issues after reaching a given point?  Thanks.

I am also concerned about the overall scalability. I've been using for
about a year now and have more than 200 notes, but not sure how many
more entries it can take. I haven't heard anyone complaining though.
The second issue is how big could a note be before Tomboy starts
crashing. So for example can a single note be more than 20K in size
and how many such big notes can it handle. Although Tomboy is very
robust (more than Beagle for sure), I always get this feeling that
it's designed for simple note taking only and can't scale as much as
wikdpad or other such apps.