Slow slow slow.

Jonathan Romero jonnyro at jonnyro.com
Tue Mar 7 21:29:08 UTC 2006

You're going to need to upgrade your ram and your hard drive if you want to
feel more responsiveness.

I use damn small linux on my slower systems, which works great.

Ubuntu can work fine on systems with slower processors, but it cannot have
slow hard disks, nor will it tolerate small memory size.

-Jonathan

On 3/7/06, Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:

> > but now I installed from install-cd and got a lot of crap like gnome
> that I really don't
> > want. I have never experienced this before. I run fluxbox and I'm used
> > to a very responsive system.
>
> I very much doubt Gnome is the cause of your problem. Gnome is not
> "crap" (works perfectly on my old machine), but your attitude certainly
> is.
>
> > Thanks in advance to any help.
>
> Good luck with that.
>

> --